Monday, April 16, 2007

I Felt Like a Celebrity

Man, I wish I could easily take pictures while performing. I was really on last weekend.
My work shone (shined?). And I wasn't just noticed by the people who enjoyed the experience. I seemed to be bigger than that - a celebrity of sorts.

Saturday I Painted Faces near the Children's Zoo in Central Park.
A man from NY Family Magazine parked himself a little away to observe and photograph me. He will be writing an article for the upcoming Central Park issue of the magazine - something about the interaction of families that enjoy the Central Park Artists.

Then, I took a train home. I happened to have been dressed like a flower for the Face Painting. Noticeable, but I was still pleasantly surprised when a man behind me said that he remembered being on the same train with me that morning. And another surprise came when I started leaving the train. A man in front of me said that he had noticed me on the train earlier this week - wearing a big hat he said. "A big-red-and-white-striped-cat-in-the-hat?" I asked. Yup - that's the one. Apparently, he remembered me from last Wednesday when I had been dressed like The Cat in the Hat.

Then Sunday, I was hired to draw Caricatures at the Baldwin Public Library. First, a guy came around photographing
me drawing and my subjects holding their pictures.
He was in charge of the newsletter for the library. So I was surprised when shortly after that, I was again photographed - this time it was someone from a local newspaper - the Baldwin Herald.

My subjects were happy. AND my work seemed to be a little bigger than that. I have become
NEWS!

So, I wish I wish I had pictures of some of the faces I drew and painted. But I hadn't brought my camera. It complicates the already all-encompassing experience of creating Art while entertaining People and handling Business. So I'll just illustrate this blog entry with some pictures drawn previously. Oh, and I have some studies I did for Thursday's gig. Last Thursday, I was hired by SUNY Stony Brook - they had a Pirate Event. While thinking up some special affects that I might want during that event, I drew a parrot and a man from the Post Office.

And here I am. Just being me,
studying,
drawing,
computering,
doing Yoga,
enjoying Essential Oils,
cleaning.
And thinking that this is the way it is. No matter what our level of fame, an apple is still just an apple. A kiss is still a kiss. A sigh is just a sigh.


As always, I hope you can check out my website at caricatureexpress.com/choice.html
I hope the page opens on your computer.

No comments:

fashion1

fashion1
an unusual party

fashion2

fashion2
that unusual party

kidsparty

kidsparty
startingblog with an old picture

grownupparty

grownupparty
Starting Blog with an old picture